The Gulland Family Update

The Latest Breaking News and Random Thoughts from the Gulland Family

August 30, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

WLOX is the local news station in Biloxi, Mississippi where my family lives. They are unable to broadcast the news because one of their towers is down. Plus, part of their roof came off so they have standing water in their building.



Posted by Picasa

As many of you know, my family lives in Biloxi. My parents are currently staying with their friends, Matt and Julie up in Vancleave. They are fine because they have two generators there to provide them with power, so they are a lot better off than many people. Unfortunately, my parents' home as well as their small business are no longer in existence. However, their pier (my parents' house was right on the back bay that connects to the Gulf of Mexico) was completely intact, not even one board was missing. I have gotten all this information through my sister, Jessica, who lives in League City, Texas (a suburb of Houston). My other sister, Dawn, her husband, Chris, and my niece, Addison, are with Chris' sister, April, in Atlanta, Georgia. My brother, Travis, and my nephew, Alex, are in Florida. My immediate family is all accounted for. Now it is just waiting to hear about the extended family.

Please pray that everyone will be given supernatural strength to deal with the challenges that lie ahead as they all work on rebuilding their lives. The entire cities of Gulfport and Biloxi were pretty much demolished, so there is a lot of rebuilding that will be going on.

My family has lost a lot, but we are so grateful to God that He kept them safe during this terrible hurricane. They have a long way to go to get their lives "back to normal," so please pray for full insurance claim payment and for no delays in rebuilding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home