The Gulland Family Update

The Latest Breaking News and Random Thoughts from the Gulland Family

January 04, 2009

Gulland Family Update

Hey everyone! In an effort to simplify my life, I have not been posting on my blog. When I feel the need to share, I post on my Facebook page. I have the settings set to private, so you are not able to find me using the search function. If you are on Facebook and interested in having access to my profile, please send me an email at gullandfamily@q.com. In the email, please let me know the name you have your profile listed under.

The Gulland family had an AWESOME Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve at our home just the three of us. We traveled to Ed's mom's home on Christmas Day and spent the weekend there. It was so nice and relaxing. New Year's Eve was rung in with a Mary Kay friend of mine as well as friends from The River, our church in Faribault. The new year has been shaping up quite nicely.

David has been enjoying his Christmas break. I don't know if he realizes that he has to go back to school tomorrow. He had several play dates over break. He has been playing his didj and enjoying his other new toys from Christmas. We haven't done any baking like I was planning to, but we have definitely been keeping ourselves busy and enjoying all the time together. David is now in 1st grade, but his skills are mostly at a second grade level. I cannot believe how smart the boy is!!! God really blessed him and gifted him with intelligence. It is going to be neat to see how David uses the gifts He has been given by God. At this point in time, David says he wants to be a teacher when he grows up. Neat, huh?

Ed is enjoying his job as a project manager. Right now things have been a bit slow, but hopefully it will start to pick up again now that we are through the holidays. We haven't had any more trips to the ER with Ed, so we are very thankful. We are also thankful that the chainsaw didn't do more damage than it did. For those of you that don't know, Ed cut his leg with a chainsaw in September. There will be no more cutting wood for him without safety gear.

I am still a Mary Kay consultant, but I have decided to pull back on the parties that I was doing. I am going to focus on reorders and individual or double makeovers. I personally like more one on one time with my customers. I also started subbing in the Faribault school district in December. I am ABSOLUTELY loving it! I have enjoyed myself so much that I am thinking about going back to school so I can become an elementary school teacher and have a classroom of my own.

Blessings to you all in this new year!!!

Looking forward to reconnecting with you on Facebook! Lots of love to you all!!! Ed, Steph, & David

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home